Who is a Manglik? What is Manglik?
If planet Mars (“Mangal” or “Kuja“) is situated in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house of a person’s Rashi (Indian astrological moon sign) when he/she is born; then that person is a “Manglik” (also called “Mangalik“)
What Marital Problems Does a Manglik Face?
It is believed that “Mangalik Dosha” (or “Manglik Dosh” or “Mangal Dosha“) mainly impacts a person’s married life. It can lead to disharmony and tension between the husband and wife. Some also believe that marriage between a Manglik and a non-Manglik can lead to the untimely death of one of the partners.
How to Cancel or Neutralize Negative Effect of Manglik Dosh?
- If a Mangalik is born on a Tuesday, the negative effect of Manglik Dosha gets cancelled.
- After the age of 28, the effect of Mangalik Dosha disappears. Those persons born with Mars in the 8th house have to wait till 36 for the effect of Manglik Dosha to disappear.
- If a Manglik marries another Manglik, then the negative effects of Mangalik Dosha get cancelled.
- Special pooja (“Mangal Kavacham”, “Mangal Upasana”, etc)can be done to eliminate Mangalik Dosha. Some astrologers also recommend gemstones.
- A Mangalik and non-Mangalik can cancel the ill effects of Mangalik Dosha by performing a “Kumbh Vivah” before the actual wedding. A “Kumbh Vivaah” is a wedding between a Mangalik and either a statue of Vishnu or a Peepal tree or a banana tree or a Clay Pot. Before marrying Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who is Mangalik, first performed a “wedding” with a Peepal tree, a Banana Tree and a statue of God Vishnu.